Emissions Monitoring System
1. What is emissions monitoring??
Industrial emissions are wastes existing in the gaseous or vapor state arising from industrial production and service activities. And dust is small solid particles, suspended in the air, usually particles with a diameter of less than 75 micrometers.
Emissions monitoring is the process of measuring and analyzing the physical and chemical parameters of the exhaust gas, which is carried out by state management agencies in charge of environment or business units and organizations.
Two main measurement methods are used to monitor emissions:
- Direct measurement (Insitu): Sensor is installed directly on the chimney, no need for sampling system, etc.
- Measure indirectly (Extractive) through the extraction system
Some industries emit air pollution including: Construction materials; chemicals and fertilizers; textiles and paper; metallurgical; food; mechanical enterprises; factories in light industry…
2. Why install an emission monitoring station?
Emission monitoring helps to evaluate the efficiency of the production process; assessment of the exhaust gas treatment system; and provide data for local environmental management
Close emission monitoring helps enterprises to develop reports on the current state of the environment and supports pollution control. From there, assess the compliance of production facilities with emission standards to the environment.
According to Circular 31/2016/TT-BTNMT on environmental protection of industrial clusters, business zones, concentrated services, craft villages and new production, business and service establishments issued by the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment. Chapter VI clearly outlines regulations on emission monitoring for objects.
Circular No. 24/2017/TT-BTNMT Technical regulations on environmental monitoring, in order to serve as a basis for comparison and control of the discharge of factories into the environment.
According to Decree 40/2019/ND-CP of the Government: Amending and supplementing a number of articles of decrees detailing and guiding the implementation of the Law on Environmental Protection
3.How the emission monitoring system works:
TIn industrial activities, emissions are generated from the combustion of fuel. This process releases a lot of toxic gases through the chimneys of factories and then into the air. Emissions are also generated due to evaporation, leaks and losses on the product production line and on the transmission lines.
For the emissions monitoring solution, Viet An introduces the SmartCEM system (CEMS) from Codel UK. SmartCEM is a fully integrated system with basic analysis and calibration, digital control, continuously updated data and fully automatic (online) reporting. A SmartCEM emission control station (also known as Station Control Unit – SCU) consists of a central system that is an automatic gas monitoring station, including equipment for comprehensive analysis and monitoring of chimneys emitted into the environment. . From this central system, data will be transmitted through a digital connector (called SmarBUS) to the data control center on a dedicated computer or DCS..
With a dedicated computer system equipped with system software and an internet connection, users can monitor the monitoring system online.
It also helps our customer support center to quickly check the operation of the system easily and accurately.
4. What criteria does the emission monitoring system include?
Emission monitoring criteria according to Decree No. 40/2019/ND-CP – guiding the implementation of the Law on Environmental Protection:
- Fixed monitoring environment parameters include: flow, temperature, pressure, residual O2, total dust, SO2, NOX, CO
- Industry-specific parameters on request.
Based on monitoring objectives, current national technical regulations on environment, type of production, scale and characteristics of waste sources and requirements of competent state agencies to determine parameters need monitoring.
5. Viet An continuous automatic emission monitoring station:
At Viet An, we provide monitoring station solutions from consulting, designing, installing an emission monitoring station according to international standards, with outstanding advantages:
- Operate with high reliability, low maintenance
- Respond to regulatory requirements from environmental authorities
- Provide timely results quickly, helping the factory to provide timely solutions
- The system is designed flexibly to meet the actual requirements of customers
- Provide management software on website & Application on the phone, making monitoring easier
- Detailed reports or custom settings to meet the requirements of regulatory agencies (Including LCPD, WID)
- Real-time configuration and use of graph tools for data analysis
- Export data to popular applications such as Excel, etc.
- Capable of connecting to the network for many people to use
- Real-time data normalization
- Store data on computer hard drives for more than 10 years
- Easy to install
- Intuitive operation on Windows operating system
SmartCEM emission monitoring software provides a complete solution for collection and analysis on CODEL base monitoring station systems. Simple installation, regular updates, the program only takes a few minutes to download and configure with detailed instructions.
The data is continuously updated every 30 seconds for users to control the situation of industrial plants, alerting operators when pollutant emissions are at high thresholds. Data are displayed as ppm, %, mg/Nm3, mg/m3, kg/h assuming a known flow rate and instantaneous changeover time.
Detailed display of analysis results:
Another important feature of SmartCEM is providing detailed analysis results of emissions data in real time graph. Allows the user to highlight a certain time period on the graph and display average emissions. The data is easy to read and configure to meet the requirements of each individual operator.
The GSM kit allows direct connection with CODEL engineers and analysts for remote technical support. To use this service, the customer has to pay a monthly fee (Negligible Fee).